Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unexpected Grace

Lamentations 3:17-26

I have been deprived of peace;
I have forgotten what prosperity is.

So I say, "My splendor is gone
and all that I had hoped from the LORD."

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:


Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.



They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.



I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."




The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...powerful stuff. The scripture with the photography is very moving. Kudos!

    Glad I came across your blog...have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete